Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

BATMAN & ROBIN Artwork Commissioned By Bat-Blog Reader


A good friend to the Bat-Blog, named Francine, recently commissioned a commercial artist to draw a "Batman & Robin" story she had written. Now, of course, she can explain it a lot better than I can so here's what she wrote: "I love this site, and I even sent in a picture of my Robin figures a while back. I had recently commissioned an amazing artist to draw out a short comic story I've wanted drawn for a while now. The artist's name is Chris Kohler, and he and I worked together on this piece. I gave him a script of dialogue and some badly drawn stick figures to show panel placement. He took my ideas, and created an amazing and professional work of art. I thought the readers here would find this comic page enjoyable, especially the Robin fans of the group. (Some might notice the references I put into the story from Detective Comics #38, and an old Star Spangled Comics featuring Robin and a hypnotist named Professor Nichols) . I'm a huge Robin fan, and the Golden Age of Batman and Robin was my favorite era. I wanted this comic story to showcase that era, along with Robin's other accomplishments throughout the Silver Age, Bronze Age, and modern times. Thanks to Chris Kohler, my story was drawn out so beautifully, that it's actually the pinnacle of my original comic art collection even without it being published in a comic book. I hope that I may become a comic writer when I grow older, and commissioning others is a really fun way to practice! Hope you enjoy my story!" Wow! Francine, please tell Chris he did an amazing job on this, seriously! The love the clean lines & the 1st 2 panels with the Golden Age Batmobile are my favorite areas. Actually it ALL looks great! Thank you for sharing your story & sending us this wonderful artwork. Working with another artist is a great idea. You guys created something really cool.


( Readers, Please click on the above graphic for a larger, more readable, version ).