Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

CUSTOM ART: GOLDEN AGE BATMAN and DOCTOR DEATH Dolls / Action Figures












Here are a set of 2 totally amazing custom-made dolls of a Golden Age Batman & Doctor Death. They were sold on eBay awhile back & I was extremely impressed with their craft & attention to details. Before I get into this post too far I want to apologize to the artist who made these because I forgot to get his name to give him credit. I had bookmarked the information & now, later, I can't find them. I searched forever! But, while these photos were sitting in my bat-folder for a long time I knew I had to get them up here anyway so, sorry. Basically, there's a Batman Fan out there who is extremely creative & was inspired by some 1930's & 1940's Batman stories to create these 2 Custom Dolls. These figures really deserve to be called ART MASTERPIECES because they are so extremely well done. One, of course, is BATMAN, who we all know. But the other one might be a character that some Bat-Blog readers are unfamiliar with. His name is DOCTOR DEATH ( real name: Doctor Karl Hellfern). Basically he was Batman's very 1st "Super-Villain". He first appeared in Detective Comics # 29 in July 1939. This book was Batman's very third appearance as a character so it's an extremely "early story". His deal was he liked to kidnap very wealthy people, inject them with a toxic poison, & then hold the antidote for a ransom of very large sums of money. Yeah, a real wack-job! The artist who created these did them with amazing detail. he sculpted the heads, painted them, created the clothing & costumes, and even made some props. I had to share these because they are so beautiful, really, & if any reader knows the artist who made them please let me know so I can get his name in here. For now, just please enjoy the pictures. Click on them for larger, sharper, verisons ( they're nice ). As a side note: the very last photo is a Detective Comics # 35 comic book ( January 1940 ) that was recently auctioned off by Heritage Auction Galleries in 2006 for almost $18,000.00!! Yes, Eighteen-Thousand!!